Saturday, August 31, 2019

snowball blocks finished, customer quilt basted, new bigger foot opening!


I had a hair appointment first thing Friday morning (8/30) while Michael had a quickly booked eye appointment.  His eyes have been absolutely terrible lately, so he called yesterday and they fit him in today.  I was home by 11:30 and after having breakfast, I called my across the street neighbor to come and rescue me by getting rid of a large-ish, dead gecko in my kitchen.  I wish I knew how they keep getting in…but I am grateful that the kitties find them and finish them off, and that I have neighbors willing to come and get rid of them!!!  

I headed to the studio and finished sewing and pressing the last blocks for the snowball quilt:  



they’ll have to be set aside for now while I get my design wall cleaned off: 

remember, I had cut out 2 of these quilts at once....the first only needs borders, but this needs to be sewn into 4 patches, then leading added then sashing added and then finally borders

and that won’t happen until after I get back from retreat.  After that, I concentrated on packing all of my supplies for retreat.

I got a customer quilt basted just before dinner….



WHAT a pleasure with my ‘new’ foot!!!  I like to baste close enough to the edge so that the customer doesn’t have to rip it out since it will be concealed within the binding….well, I couldn’t SEE the edge when the foot hole was so tiny, so I wasn’t able to do that.   Now…..no problem (I think you can see the white batting on the top and on the side of the foot through the new larger opening):   




THANKS Reg!!!  It is PERFECT!!!!

This looks like a good dinner to you....right?



Michael picked up sweet corn at the grocery store, and I decided something had to give....so I gave up the leftover BBQ chicken pizza.  This corn was SO VERY GOOD!!!  I can't believe how good it was...and so late in the season too!

Mary Jo sent me a couple of pics....she had an abundance of tomatoes, and I talked her through making sauce in the crockpot:




Looks yummy doesn't it???


And it's the end of an era - https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/article234431177.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.