Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Janice arrives!, 3rd QoV totally finished


It took a long time to get my blog out Tuesday morning (8/20) because I hadn’t written anything the day before….but at last it was done.  

Michael had cereal for breakfast and came downstairs to look at his emails before leaving for an appointment at AAA, but it was not to be.  Once again he had sensations in his chest and only lying down for 1/2 an hour took care of them….I really hope we can figure out what is causing this.  He felt much, much better after that, so he took off to buy movie tickets and hit the bird store and the pet store and the grocery store.  

Actually some woman tried to pick him up in the grocery store….it was this woman:   


Yes, Janice is visiting again (YAY!!!!) and she called me from the store to see if I needed anything….Michael had just called me, so I told her to find him.  After they both came home, Paula came down to say ‘hi’ to Janice and then we proceeded to sit in the kitchen and talk and talk and talk about quilting!!  

Eventually Janice and I made it downstairs, she got all set up, and we started sewing:  




Michael left after 6 PM when Larry picked him up to go and see THE KITCHEN, and Janice and I continued to work in the evening, and of course we had company who once again, made herself comfortable:  



along with Anne, who came by for a visit and to get and give all of the info to be had!!

I got the binding finished on the 3rd QoV: 


got strips cut for Anne’s quilt, and pulled an old UFO out to begin to organize it to go on retreat.  Janice finished up many of her scrap blocks:




Here’s the list for today:

-the second Scrap Happy QoV           DONE
-scripture embroideries for Jerri       DONE
-breast cancer bows for that same quilt     DONE
-binding for my QoV #1     DONE
-binding for my QoV #2    DONE
-binding for my QoV #3    DONE
-cream strips for Anne’s quilt     DONE      
-packing for the Fiber Floozies retreat
-borders for my quilt with brown leading
-charity quilts for Jerri (I think 4 -5 of them)


*** MMR – Michael’s Move Reviews ***

Once upon a time in Hollywood, Quentin Tarantino’s latest starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt and various cameos of other stars (Al Pacino for one). If you at all remember 1969 this movie takes you there. Leo and Brad are two movie stars whose careers on the way down. We follow them on many misadventures but the draw to me was how true to 1969 Tarantino is. Scenery, cars, music, clothes, ads, movie marquees, tv shows all take you to 1969 and keep you there for over two hours!  The plot is funny, serious and dark all at the same time.  The sub plot of the life of Sharon Tate is intertwined with our two main characters leading up to a real Tarantino ending. See it you’ll love it!  I give it 4 fat quarters out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.