Sunday, August 11, 2019

SHQ Qov loaded, Cookie & Ethel nap


I got up early Saturday morning (8/10) to make gas houser eggs for my honey’s breakfast as he didn’t have a lot of time before teeing off.  When I got downstairs to try to get my blog out, I didn’t have any luck just moving my pictures from my phone to my computer; I’ll just have to keep trying to remember how I did it yesterday.  I kept trying a bunch of stuff yesterday, and finally something worked but I don’t remember how I got there.  I ended up emailing them to myself….but that is a pain in the patootie once I get them in an email to get them on my desktop.  

Anyway, eventually I got my blog done and got back to loading up my longarm:  



When I finished basting the quilt, I paused for a bit of embroidery housekeeping.  Once of my embroidery sites had an INCREDIBLE sale….they had sets of designs that were normally $20, on sale for $6….BUT, if you bought 15 sets (or more), they were $1 apiece!!!  So of course, I went searching through all of the designs…and bought 17 sets!  I hope to use them on Scrap Happy Prayers & Squares quilts, as well as quilts for kids.  I had to create folders for each set and get them down loaded, but once that was done, I headed back to my longarm to set up the program and get it kicked off:  


This quilt was done by the SHQ group (Thursday Quilters), and will hopefully be given out at our veteran’s luncheon in November.  I say hopefully because we don’t know yet whether or not all of the flooding damage will be fixed by then.  

Michael came home from golf around 1 PM with an 84 and a birdie, so he was happy.  He came downstairs to run his emails….so of course Cookie came too, and made herself comfortable: 



here’s what the sofa looked like BEFORE she came (I kid you not!!):


I continued to quilt, and also to make 2 labels for my own QoV’s on the to-be-bound pile: 


and had another visit from the princess:  



Finally around 7 PM I headed upstairs.  I got 3 strings of a new necklace loaded up with beads before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.