Friday, August 16, 2019

SHQ Show & Tell, embroideries, new QoV totally finished


Michael was up at 6 AM on Thursday (8/15), while I hopped up at 6:30 to make him a breakfast burrito!  He really didn’t have time to make his own breakfast before being picked up at 7:15, so I told him I’d do it.  That gave me lots of time to read my emails and get my blog out and set up a few things for cooking I need to do once home from quilting.  

I picked Paula up just after 9 AM and made a quick stop at COMPORIUM to drop off cookies for the salesperson who helped us with our phone (from this recipe: https://addapinch.com/park-avenue-bars-recipe


before heading to Belair Church for quilting.  Reg had finished the extension table for my featherweight, so I took some cookies along for him as well.  When Michael had one last night, he couldn’t figure out what was in them!  He asked if there was chocolate in them…and when I said no, he then guessed caramel…when I said no again, he just shook his head.  He said they were very good, but very sweet.  

We had EXCELLENT show and tell today: 





isn't this quilting beaugtiful?



June is contributing to an effort to give placemats to all meals on wheels participants in her area




Teresa brought in her older One Block Wonder to show us what could be done....beautiful!

Paula - still finishing a project a month...incredible!

this is the Jerri I'm doing breast cancer embroideries for




and Paula and I left early as she was done with her One Block Wonder cutting and I had other things I wanted to do.  

I got an ice box cake made 



((which is nothing more than pudding (made with this recipe: https://www.melskitchencafe.com/the-best-vanilla-and-chocolate-pudding/) layered with graham crackers) for dessert tomorrow night.  By then my honey was home and we talked a bit about golf (today was brutal with the heat and he was just beat!)  We both took a nap, then I headed downstairs to kick off some embroideries for Jerri:
and work on the binding for one of my quilts.  I just felt too tired to try to figure out the pattern for the second QoV on my frame (and I make mistakes when I’m too tired)…that will be the first thing I do tomorrow.  By the time I went upstairs at 9 PM, I had 3 embroideries done:




and the binding on my latest QoV was done…..YAY!!!



J&D in NC

Janice and Dennis's screened in porch furniture has arrived:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.