Tuesday, August 13, 2019

first SHQ Qov done, OBW fabric


Michael was up at 6 AM on Monday (8/12) for golf at Stonebridge, while I followed before 7 AM.  I kicked off quilting on the QoV: 


and by the time 3 rows were done, it was 9:30 and I headed up to the Lake House to recycle all of our styrofoam,  to the vet’s to donate some dog food,  to donate books at the library, and return a few items to Amazon (at the UPS store).  

When I got home I had some of my egg cups for breakfast before continuing quilting.  By 3 PM I was all done with the first SHQ quilt: 


and decided to treat myself and see what my new potential quilt might look like.  As I mentioned last Thursday, we had the first of a 3 part ONE BLOCK WONDER class.  There is a wonderful tool on the web which allows you to up load a picture of your fabric, and see what your quilt will look like.  This is my fabric:  


and the resulting quilt is wild!!!  Wish I could show you that as well.  Paula and I will need to get together to cut our fabric (she was unable to attend the class and I took good notes so that I could explain it.)  

After that I decided to treat myself even more with a little reading  :~).  Michael came home from golf and was ecstatic!!!  He had not one, not two, not three…but FOUR birdies!!!!!!!  His score was 79 and he was a happy camper!!!  We talked for a bit, and had that leftover chicken braid for dinner (still yummy) before heading to Rock Hill.  There’s a theatre group there that does play readings on the second Monday of the month, and he has wanted to go for quite awhile.  I took along my book and read while they were practicing, and when we came home around 9:30, I polished it off before heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.