Friday, August 30, 2019

SHQ Show & Tell, BBQ chicken pizza


I was up at 6:30 on Thursday (8/29), I just couldn’t sleep any longer.  I got my blog out and sewed a bit on the snowball blocks before breakfast, got cleaned up and headed out to quilting.  Today was a charity day and lots of people worked on small quilts for children.  We only had a bit of show and tell: 

Some people continue to think it is funny to deliberately wave their stuff around while I'm trying to take a pic.  It was never funny even in the beginning....and has certainly not become any more charming through the years.  The difference is, I'm no longer going to go crazy trying to get a nice pic...if I get one fine....if not fine....so, the show and tell may not be great all the time.

Debbie & Claude - this is x-stitch from June!!!


a paint chip challenge quilt

I LOVE the chicken wire background fabric.   I think this is a paintchip challenge as well...I thought Mary Ann had the chips in her hand at one point, but I missed getting them.  When the quilters have their show in the fall, the paint chips will be displayed WITH the quilt so that everyone can see how clever they are in incorporating those colors into a quilt.  I think Mary Ann said she got 3 pretty weird colors....didn't she do a great job creating a quilt around them!?!?

When Paula and I got home, we sat in her driveway talking for quite awhile, but eventually she hopped out, dragged all of her stuff into the house and came down for some cake.  Joanne stopped by as well and we had a great time talking and talking and talking!!!  Paula left around 3:30 and I had just started to make my pizza dough for dinner when Loree called me.  

Now, she took home my longarm bowl foot from my machine to see if Reg could drill a bigger hole in it.  She was calling to tell me it was already done and that she was on her way to Harris Teeter.  I met her there and was THRILLED!!!!  I so wish I had taken a picture of the foot before hand…I swear the opening was about pin hole size…..just look at it now:  



I can’t wait to hook it up and try to sew with it…it is going to make it MUCH MUCH easier to see my edges when I am basting a quilt and to mark my quilt once I have advanced it.  I can’t believe how quickly he did it….I already put my other foot on the longarm, thinking the bowl foot wouldn’t be back until after I got home from retreat!!!!  

I finished up my pizza dough when I got home, and put together a BBQ chicken pizza for dinner…..

a beautiful and soft dough

BBQ sauce (Sweet Baby Ray's is the best!!)

red onion

chicken

smoked gouda



oh YUMM-O!!!!  

Paula called after dinner as she had a bunch of golf cart deliveries to make, so we rode around SCCL, talking and delivering.  We stopped by Pat’s house to see her GORGEOUS new sewing cabinet and stayed there talking until after 8 PM.  I just watched a bit of TV with my honey when I got home before heading to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Hope there is some cake left too, sounds like a very decadent cake.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.