Saturday, August 17, 2019

second QoV started, breast cancer bows started, cell phone cover


Michael was having a few intestinal issues Friday morning (8/16) so I ran to CVS and the grocery store to pick up a few things that might help.  I spent quite a bit of time in the kitchen, making a Tuscan Tortellini Salad (loosely based on this recipe: https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a47091/tuscan-tortellini-salad-recipe/)  before heading down to my studio around lunchtime.  

First up was getting the program set up for the second SHQ Quilt of Valor, and kicking off the quilting:  

here's how it looks on my computer screen.  The red has already been stitched

and here's how it looks on the quilt

I continued to embroider for Jerri and I am pleased to say that by dinnertime, all but one of the embroideries were done:  

she needs 6, but I only got 5 done

We were supposed to have guests for dinner, but postponed it to Sunday evening since Michael was not feeling up to it.

So, here’s where I stand on my list (I added one more thing to the bottom):

-the second Scrap Happy QoV   STARTED 4 of 10 rows done
-scripture embroideries for Jerri       DONE
-breast cancer bows for that same quilt     5 out of 6 done, 
I ran out of fabric
-binding for my QoV #1     DONE
-binding for my QoV #2
-binding for my QoV #3
-cream strips for Anne’s quilt             added, this needs to 
be done BEFORE retreat
-packing for the Fiber Floozies retreat
-borders for my quilt with brown leading
-charity quilts for Jerri (I think 4 -5 of them)

We got a delivery while we were both downstairs….I previously had ordered the PERFECT phone case for my cell phone, but when they upgraded us to better phones, I had to return it.  I got one as close as I could to my kindle cover:  



I wanted to be just like my friend Anne, whose covers match perfectly…..but oh well…  :~)

I ran to ZAXBY’s for dinner and we split a salad before setting in to watch TV and braid my beads.  Finally around 8:30 PM my honey started to feel much, much better…so that was certainly a blessing.

J&D in NC

Living room furniture finally arrived: 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.