Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Martini Night


Michael left the house before 7 AM on Monday…he decided he didn’t have enough time for his usual omelet, so just had cereal for breakfast and packed a peanut butter sandwich to eat later in the morning.  I was in my studio by 8 AM and spent a lot of time on the internet.  My friend Carole wrote a wonderful piece, fully explaining why it is important to have a long enough backing and batting if you are sending your quilt to a longarmer, so I thought I would include it: https://frommycarolinahome.com/2019/08/23/dealing-with-quilt-issues/. 

I eventually got all caught up on my computer stuff, and began loading and basting Jerri’s last quilt.  I was really struggling with what pattern to put on it and what thread color, and I finally used a green thread and dropped back to my current favorite quilting pattern.  I finished up the quilting just before leaving for my doctor’s appointment.  




It will probably take several hours to rip out the basting and weave in ends on all 4 of the quilts, but at least the quilting is done, and I hope to get them to her at Thursday quilting. 

I got a wonderful email from a friend of mine, she made a table runner for an auction and hand quilted it….I love it!!  I think Nancy A did a wonderful job:





I was home around 4:30 PM (my doctor is not a bit happy about my weight...neither am I...he's given me 3 months to get some weight off and get more blood work done.  If it doesn't improve, he'll put me on medication for my diabetes....I am definitely not in favor of that....so I'm going to buckle down...wish me luck!!) and just sat and read my book before leaving for Martini Night at Jane’s house.  

We all had a wonderful time:  

Donnis, Andi, Pat

Joyce, me, Bonnie

Barb & Alice

our hostess with the mostess...Jane

the martinis and dinner were awesome: 

mojito martinis with fresh mint garnish

an appetizer of 3 kinds of marinated cheese


meatballs & sausage

stuffed shells
dessert martini: raspberries, vanilla gelato and prosecco...yum!

but the game was hard….especially after 2 martoonies!  I was home by 10 and filled out my patient papers for my Tuesday morning appointment, before heading for bed.

And lots of cuteness coming your way....






1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.