Tuesday, August 20, 2019

MESIG Show & Tell


I got up at 6 AM with my honey on Monday morning (8/19) to put together a breakfast sandwich for him to take to golf.  I tried to go back to bed for a bit, but never fell asleep, so I just got up and started my day  :~).  I got my emails done and blog out and a little clean up in my sewing room before heading back upstairs.  By then it was just after 8 AM and I felt a little sleepy, so I snuggled into my chair in the living room to close my eyes for a few minutes.  Imagine my surprise when the garage door opened at 8:30 AM and Michael came walking into the kitchen.  He said his heart had been fluttering for over an hour, so when he got to the golf course he decided he’d better come home!  We called the heart doctor and ended up going to the emergency room in Waxhaw.  I dropped Michael off at the door and parked about 2 feet away…but the time I made it inside (within about a minute) then had already taken him back and gotten him all hooked up to monitors.  They did blood work and monitored his heart and found nothing wrong….but the doctor did recommend that Michael should be on a heart monitor for maybe a month to go more data on what is going on.  

We came home and I had time to grab a package of crackers and head up to Machine Embroidery.  Pat S gave a demo/talk on painting on fabric and her samples were AMAZING!!!!  Show and Tell was great:  

Here are just some of Pat's painting examples (sometimes shw combines embroidery and painting.  For example, she'll stitch out an outline of flowers with black thread, and then use her pens/watercolors to fill them in):






Mary Jo - doesn't this remind you of that x-stitch I did in the big wooden hoop?




and here are the rest of the embroidery items:


a cross body purse done all in the hoop





Pat made these mug rugs for gifts in a couple of months


And her memory quilt for Ruby & Maggie who have both passed over the rainbow bridge



isn't this the cutest thing...I have the pattern too!




When I got home, Michael and I spent a long time talking about whether or not he should change heart docs (we’ve become increasingly disenchanted with the office staff at the current docs) and if we do change, how do we find a good one!  

After that we both read for a little bit before having tortellini salad for dinner.  Michael wanted to watch some of his shows and I got a second wind, so I headed downstairs and got the binding 1/2 way onto the 3rd QoV.

Here’s the list for today:

-the second Scrap Happy QoV           DONE
-scripture embroideries for Jerri       DONE
-breast cancer bows for that same quilt     DONE
-binding for my QoV #1     DONE
-binding for my QoV #2    DONE
-binding for my QoV #3    1/2 way done
-cream strips for Anne’s quilt            
-packing for the Fiber Floozies retreat
-borders for my quilt with brown leading
-charity quilts for Jerri (I think 4 -5 of them)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.