Sunday, August 18, 2019

pancakes, SHQ QoV finished, blast from the past


Michael is golfing on Sunday instead of Saturday this week (some kind of tournament on Saturday I think)….so Saturday morning (8/17) was pancake day:  




Jerri L stopped by to pick up her embroideries and joined us for just a couple of pancakes as well!!  

When I finally retired to the studio, I kicked off quilting again, and boy am I grateful that I write everything down!!!  When I tried to call up my program, there was nothing there!  Even though as I shut down the night before, my computer said ‘you haven’t saved…wanna save now?’ and I said yes…somehow that didn’t work!  I’m 4 rows in and clueless about what happened.  Luckily I keep statistics on everything and had written down the size of the quilt, the pattern, how big it was and how many rows I created.  With those facts I was able to recreate what I had done, and set it up again….whew!!!  By dinnertime all of the quilting was done:



and the quilt was all cleaned up….and I had finished the last embroidery Jerri needed:



Jerri is so fast....several hours after she picked everything up, she sent a picture....all she needs to do is add borders:


I love it....don't you?
Michael spent a lot of time cleaning off some shelves and he found bunches of pictures…..so here’s your blast from the past:  


here I am with Debbie during her recent visit....


and 14 years ago at my wedding

Michael picked up a pizza for dinner, and we spent the night watching TV separately.  I got caught up again in the SEX AND THE CITY movie (on NETFLIX) and made good progress on the binding for my second QoV, while Michael watched a lot of his taped stuff.

Here’s the list for today:

-the second Scrap Happy QoV           DONE
-scripture embroideries for Jerri       DONE
-breast cancer bows for that same quilt     DONE
-binding for my QoV #1     DONE
-binding for my QoV #2            started
-binding for my QoV #3
-cream strips for Anne’s quilt            
-packing for the Fiber Floozies retreat
-borders for my quilt with brown leading
-charity quilts for Jerri (I think 4 -5 of them)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.