Monday, August 19, 2019

breakfast w/ Pat, hamburger rolls, QoV totally finished, Evelyn & Phil, Evelyn & Larry


Michael was up at 6 AM Sunday (8/18) to be out the door shortly after 7 for golfing here at SCCL.  I got my blog out and started working on my binding again…waiting for Pat’s call.  I had a coupon for a free breakfast sandwich at Panera:


so we decided to have breakfast together.  We met there around 9 AM 



and got all of our talking in.  We haven’t seen each other in forever….and so had lots of our lives to share.  

I got home just after 11 AM and put together bread dough since we have NONE in the house!!!  One set of our dinner guests called….now they are sick and couldn’t make it for dinner!  They were going to bring rolls for the hamburgers, so I turned some of my bread dough into hamburger rolls:



before baking the rest into an extra large loaf. 

Michael came home around 1 PM….all happy because he shot an 88 and had a chip in birdie!!  We sat in the living room playing word games until 3 PM when my bread and rolls were finally out of the oven, and then both headed downstairs…him to his computer and me to my sewing machine.  

I worked on my binding until 4:30 when it was done:  



Michael had been up in the kitchen cleaning up, and he got out extra chairs and set the table:  



Evelyn & Phil: 



and Evelyn & Larry: 


arrived at 6 PM for our Tortellini Salad:


tomatoes & mozzarella with balsamic vinegar 



and perfectly done burgers:  


Everyone pronounced the meal delicious and we played several games of Mexican Train 


before having ice box cake and cookies for dessert:  


After everyone left we relaxed in the living room, once again playing word games on our devices….I got into a tournament and ended up 4th out of 100….YAY!!!

Here’s the list for today:

-the second Scrap Happy QoV           DONE
-scripture embroideries for Jerri       DONE
-breast cancer bows for that same quilt     DONE
-binding for my QoV #1     DONE
-binding for my QoV #2    DONE
-binding for my QoV #3    started
-cream strips for Anne’s quilt            
-packing for the Fiber Floozies retreat
-borders for my quilt with brown leading
-charity quilts for Jerri (I think 4 -5 of them)

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.