Thursday, August 8, 2019

Debbie & Claude day #2


Wednesday (8/7) was a very full day, with some good things and some bad things :~).  

Matthew: 


was at our house at 7:40 AM to start giving me a new computer and upgrading me to WINDOWS 10.  That’s a good thing.  I had to switch keyboards with Michael and I am SO not used to where his extra keys are (home, delete, insert, etc) and also the 'feel' of the regular keys, and that’s a bad thing (as you’ll hear later).  

I got the second QoV off of my frame and onto the to-be-bound pile:


before Matthew left just after 10 AM and Debbie & Claude arrived within 10 minutes:




We checked out the farmer’s market and did a tour of the Lake House, stopping to buy Debbie a necklace (made by my friend Mary Jo V ), and having a light lunch before heading home.  

I worked on getting the last quilt off of the frame, and getting a new one loaded up so that Debbie & Claude could see my longarm working.  



Claude had a friend through the entire project:  








I loaded up a small charity quilt and got most of the quilting done: 


before Michael and I headed off to the COMPORIUM store to get our new phones.  WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!!!!  Apparently, even though our phones are free with activation, they run a credit check.  I have a freeze on our credit accounts with the 3 credit bureaus, which prevents anyone from opening any credit accounts without our knowledge, but apparently also prevents someone from running a credit check.  So….off I come back home to try to temporarily lift the credit freeze.  NONE of the passwords I saved were working, plus, I’m trying to hurry, but I’m typing on an unfamiliar keyboard, PLUS, everything I sign on to doesn’t recognize my new computer and keeps asking me all of my security questions….as I said WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!!!  

We finally got everything done...and the employee at COMPORIUM (Steven) was absolutely wonderful and headed home....

apparently Debbie made friends as well while we were gone!

We finally got home after 6 PM and Debbie and Claude took us to RED ROBIN for dinner…heaven!  I had something called a Whisky burger, while Michael got the mushroom burger.  Of course first Claude started us out with a tower of onion rings.  I have pictures of all of these things...however they are on my phone and I can't figure out how to get them to my computer for inclusion in the blog!!!  Oh well...the learning curve on this phone is probably going to be long and difficult....hope the real camera lasts just a bit longer!!!  Our meal was terrific and we sat and talked for quite awhile at home before having ice box cake for dessert.  Debbie & Claude left for their hotel around 10 PM and Michael and I collapsed :~).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.