Monday, August 26, 2019

Jerri's quilts 1-2-3, Cookie


Michael left by 7 AM Sunday morning (8/25) for golfing here at SCCL.  

I got my blog out, then headed to the grocery store for some odds and ends that we will need during the week (new recipes Mary Jo!!)  After that it was all quilting….all day long!  

I finished up the first quilt for Jerri: 


and decided to use the same pattern on the second quilt, but to make it a bit bigger so that it would stitch out a bit faster.  I had company while I was quilting, which is not usual:  


Usually she sleeps on the back of Michael’s living room chair…waiting for him to come home.  

While Jerri’s quilts were stitching out, I continued to work on my snowball blocks:  


I love this pattern....I'm so glad Janice turned me on to it!!

I continued to quilt until Michael came home before 2 PM with a score of 87 and 1 birdie.  He was VERY pleased with how his clubs performed today  :~).  I finished the second quilt and loaded up the third:


By the time I headed upstairs for a late dinner of champagne and puffy things:  




the third quilt was done:  




I decided I had to be ok with that as I had hit a wall and was beat!  I'm hoping to polish off the last quilt on Monday morning.  

After dinner I did manage to stitch down the last label for my QoV quilts.

Here’s the list for today:

-the second Scrap Happy QoV           DONE
-scripture embroideries for Jerri       DONE
-breast cancer bows for that same quilt     DONE
-binding for my QoV #1     DONE
-binding for my QoV #2    DONE
-binding for my QoV #3    DONE
-cream strips for Anne’s quilt     DONE      
-packing for the Fiber Floozies retreat
-borders for my quilt with brown leading
-charity quilts for Jerri     3/4  done


2 comments:

  1. Oooooh, the colors in Jerri's third quilt would look fabulous in my living room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilted leaves !! Get packing my friend !

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.