Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Debbie & Claude


My honey slept in a bit on Wednesday morning (8/6), probably still feeling drag-gy from his stomach symptoms on Tuesday.  I spent a good bit of time in the morning getting our ICE information on the fridge, before doing a general pick up of the house.  

I headed out for a dental cleaning and a few errands before getting home at 1 PM.  Michael was still not feeling great and didn’t look great either.  He had called the doctor while I was gone, and our primary care physician wanted him to go to an URGENT CARE to see about being dehydrated.  We headed down the road, only to find out that they couldn’t insert an IV if Michael needed one.  Michael asked me what I thought….I told him that I thought he was weak from lack of food, and probably somewhat dehydrated; he really felt terrible and looked very pale/gray.  I thought we should go home and get some food in him, so that’s what we did.  I made him 2 over easy eggs on an English muffin and then he headed in to take a nap.  

In the meantime, I called Debbie (college roommate) and she and her hubby Claude drove over from their hotel in Rock Hill:  



We have not seen them since our wedding when they took all of our wedding pictures….which was the first time we re-connected in almost 30 years…..so we had a LOT to talk about  :~).  We talked and talked and talked, and Claude brought along a small amount of show and tell:  




He and Debbie are both avid counted cross-stitchers!  

My honey got up and looked a bit better, but still not 100% percent.  I managed to get in 3 of Debbie’s food requests this first day…I made homemade bread and we all had a slice for an appetizer (we gave away 1/2 a loaf to our neighbors Ann Mary & Jim and are saving this other 1/2 loaf for Joe, our next door neighbor):  


Then I made the chicken sausage/tomato/spinach stir fry for dinner: 





and we had the ice box cake for dessert (along with a few chocolate chip cookies I baked):  



We were sitting around the kitchen table still talking, when Debbie and Claude said that we should open our gifts.  

I opened the first picture….an INCREDIBLE cross stitch for our wedding…it is just PERFECT….containing 9 teeny tiny quilts as part of the pattern!  



We already know where we are going to hang it!  You have to see it in person…it is stunning.  

Then Michael unwrapped the second package….I knew it was another framedcross-stitch, but I couldn’t imagine what it would be.  OMword!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It is SO PERFECT!!!!  I can’t wait to get it hung and invite over EVERYONE we know….they should be PEA GREEN with envy….this is a one of a kind picture:  




Isn’t it FABULOUS?????  We absolutely LOVE it!!!!  And in teal no less...with a teal frame....which of course will perfectly match the lanair!!!!!!  We need to get it hung up as soon as possible…..I am still smiling this morning just thinking about it.  

I think Debbie and Claude left around 9:30:


and Michael and I just read for a bit before bed….what a great first day of visiting!!  AND, by bedtime my honey said he felt close to 100% better….so that was really a great relief.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a FABULOUS day !!! Great photos and beautiful, thoughtful, cross stitch...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! What a wonderful visit!

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.