Thursday, August 1, 2019

Paula quilt & label, chocolate mousse


We were both up early on Wednesday (7/31) to make sure we ate a good breakfast before heading up to the Lodge to give blood.  Michael and I always have a competition to see who can give the fastest….he won last time, but I won this time with a scorching under 5 minute donation of 4 minutes and 44 seconds  :~).  He followed along a leisurely 15 seconds behind  :~).  We made a quick stop at the library and got a dish of vanilla ice cream (courtesy of our joining the summer reading program) before heading home around NOON.  

I set up and stitched out a label for Paula:  


for her ‘texture’ quilt:  



She got many different kinds of fabric (velvets, courderoy, etc) and sewed them into a quilt for a teacher friend of hers.  After that was done, I kicked off the quilting on the second QoV:  


I got 3 rows done before Jerri L showed up to drop off a bunch of charity quilts.  

I took a break after that and put together some chocolate mousse.  That is the dessert I want to make for the Volunteer fundraiser in Sept, but I had no idea how many servings the recipe made.  I thought I would make it up today and take it to quilting tomorrow for food day….unfortunately we will not have quilting tomorrow (or for the foreseeable future at Osceola) due to a pipe bursting in the kitchen.  There was a LOT of damage and there will be much work to put it together again  :~(.  I had to make the mousse regardless so that I could submit it for the fundraiser, so I found out it makes 20 servings.  



I gave 6 to Paula to serve to her family for dinner Wednesday night, and my chocolate friend Joanne, came down for another.  I’m going to give others away to the neighbors and Michael and I will polish off the rest.  After dinner (leftover pizza), I headed back down to the studio to do a bit more quilting.

Stash Report - I've totally fallen off the wagon in reporting my fabric usage.  I am not using a lot since I started using up orphan blocks and finishing up UFO's, but I am within striking distance of being 'even'!  I have bought 75 yards of fabric this year, and have used 72-1/4.  That puts me within striking distance of being in the black.  I still have to cut fabric for projects for retreat and I'm sure that will put me over the top.  Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.