Thursday, August 22, 2019

Pat W, chicken & biscuits tutorial


Michael left for a golf tournament here at SCCL at 7 AM on Wednesday (8/21), while I followed much more slowly  :~).  Janice and I were finally sewing by 9 AM once again, and I got the backing loaded up for Jerri's quilts (all 5-1/4 yards) before leaving at 10 of 10 for my guess pass meeting.  WHAT a fiasco!!!  

I head up to the Lake House, had to park a mile away because it is always busy…finally get in there only to find out that the meeting is at the Lodge.  I rush up to the Lodge, look in all of the rooms, nobody!!!  Head back to the Lake House, check out ALL of the rooms…again nobody!!  I finally head home, thoroughly sweaty and disgusted and send off an email to the head of the group asking where I went wrong.  Well – I totally missed the email that moved the meeting to next week!  BUT, I was VERY, VERY glad that I hadn’t missed the meeting!!!  Anyway, I was home for an hour before heading out for some blood work for an upcoming doctor’s appointment.  After a quick stop at the grocery store, I was home once again to sew away the afternoon.  

Pat stopped by to visit in the afternoon and one member of the family just wouldn't leave her alone:  



She has been so busy in her sewing studio with a new piece of furniture....I am totally jealous:

before pic....table really not study enough for embroidering

after....doesn't that look FABULOUS?!?!  All of those drawers for storage space!!

By the time she left we were all hungry and so headed upstairs.  I had a couple of things to use up in the fridge and I had seen this recipe for chicken and biscuits, so that’s what I decided to make for dinner.  The original recipe just made a boring gravy out of chicken stock and a bit of cream, added the chicken and that was it (here's the oringinal: https://www.thefrugalgirl.com/how-to-make-chicken-and-biscuits-a-casserole/)…but I thought I could improve on that a bit:  

I sauteed celery

scallions

and mushrooms

Janice added in some garlic


I threw in some flour and cooked it before adding a big splash of sherry

chicken stock and a bit of cream

and reduced the sauce for just a bit



Other than the fact that I forgot the leavening in the biscuits (!!), dinner tasted good.  Michael and Janice said the biscuits were more like dumplings.  

After dinner, we headed back to the studio to sew until around 9 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.