Sunday, August 25, 2019

2 of Jerri's quilt basted, Anne & Cookie


Michael was totally excited to leap up Saturday morning (8/24) as his new clubs were in (new driver, all new hybrids and all new wedges) and he wanted to pick them up.  First he made himself an omelet before heading out to pick up clubs, and then to stop at CVS before heading home.  

I have 4 charity quilts from Jerri L and my goal is to have them all quilted by the time I go to bed Sunday night, so loading the first and second one was what I was up to while he was gone:  

first one started

basting done

second one right behind

both basted and ready to go

I got them loaded, wound bobbins and kicked off the pattern I selected…. OMgoodness…I LOVE it!!!!  It’s very dense, so it's taking a long time to stitch out, but I don’t care…I think it is beautiful on the quilt:



Anne stopped by for a visit (she is so sweet to me…she knows I don’t like to leave my house, so she stops by to talk...I LOVE it!!) and to snuggle with Cookie:  




I kept working on my snowball blocks after she left…and I finally finished sewing together all of the singles I had finished:  

there are 230 here

I counted them out, and I have enough for my quilt!!!  So, I’m going to sew them together into full blocks before finishing the rest of the extra strips I cut out.  I headed upstairs for a late dinner of leftover chicken stew and TV watching with my honey.

1 comment:

  1. Great, hope I get the leftover triangles. That should give a good amount to make this "snowball leftover quilt".

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.