Saturday, August 3, 2019

SHQ Show & Tell, Janice & Tom


Michael slept in a bit on Friday morning (8/2), still tired after a VERY long day on Thursday.  I had an offer for a free breakfast sandwich at PANERA, so we headed over there and had a leisurely breakfast (I got a bear claw) 



eating and reading the paper, before heading to COMPORIUM (our internet/phone/TV provider).  We ordered new cell phones and got on a plan with the eventual intention of getting rid of our landline when our contract is up next year (yep – you heard it here first….I’m trying to move into the 21st century  :~).  I have a month or 2 to get used to the calendar feature and hopefully will not order a new paper calendar for 2020/2021.  I’ll also be using it as my camera, so I’ll have to have it attached to my body….still haven’t figure out how that’s going to happen since we know they don’t always put pockets in women’s pants/shorts the way they do in men’s!!)  

We were home after 10 AM, to several lovely emails from friend and fellow Thursday quilter Sue S.  Several of the Thursday quilters met at HICKORY TAVERN yesterday for lunch and show and tell….so here you go:  










After that I spent another hour on the phone, trying to get medical records from my old sleep doctor faxed to my new sleep doctor, as I have an appointment with the new doc on Monday.  

Michael finished his monthly chores on the golf cart and our litter boxes, then headed (with Cookie) over to Sally’s to pick up a book for me.  Have you heard of this book?  I’ve been hearing about it everywhere: WHERE THE CRAWDADS SING.  I’ve been to 3 different groups of people, and they have all mentioned it, so now I have it to read.  

I spent the afternoon quilting and got the second QoV done:  



Two down and one to go!!  

We left for Lancaster at 4:30 and after a quick stop at Loree’s (to exchange dishes) we ended up at the WAGON WHEEL to meet Janice & Tom 


for dinner and a show.  Our dinner was wonderful 

an appetizer of sauteed squash which they are known for....YUM!!

Michael's shrimp scampi

my flounder

(and certainly very plentiful….we brought home 4 boxes of leftovers!!!) and we headed to USC for the musical 9 – 5.  Other than the theatre being freezing, we had a great time and hope to get together with Janice & Tom again.  We were home by 10:30 and read for just a bit before bed.

1 comment:

  1. Great show and tell ! I still love my paper calendar and paper excel address list ! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.