Saturday, August 10, 2019

more quilts to be bound, princess kitty


I forgot to mention that while Debbie and Claude were here, they did their part to support the artistic community here at SCCL.  I already mentioned Debbie’s necklace purchase, but they also bought 2 paintings by 2 different artists!!

I spent a large part of Friday morning (8/9) putting things on my phone calendar, and adding a few contacts.  I think I already feel pretty comfortable with the calendar feature and have even set several custom repeats.  Since getting off of my paper calendar is my first goal with this new phone…I am pretty pleased.  

After that I started working on the blog.  I had NOTHING written down from Thursday, so that meant it took me 1-1/2 hours to pull it all together, so it was finally out just before 10 AM.  

Then I worked on figuring out how to get pictures from my phone onto my desk top, as that’s where I need them to up load them to the blog.  Our camera acts more and more funky every day….so I am hoping to use my phone as my ‘blog’ camera…that is goal #2 for learning the phone.  I managed to move some pics…here are the ones from our dinner at RED ROBIN: 

our tower of onion rings...with a couple missing already!

my burger and fries

and Michael's burger and sweet potato fries

and deleted them from my phone.  It was a much more cumbersome process than using the camera, but hopefully I’ll find a better way with practice. Part of what is slowing me down is a new computer (AND new keyboard) and getting used to where things are hiding in WINDOWS 10.  

I finally got back to quilting around 11 AM :~).  I got the third QoV all cleaned up and on the to-be-bound pile:  


Of course now that there are 3 quilts to lie on….Ethel…the princess and the pea kitty….climbed right up:  


I reclaimed all of the backing fabric on the sides (that always takes TOO LONG!!), and cleaned up the last charity quilt I was doing for a friend:  


Next up is 2 QoV’s for Scrap Happy, so I got the backing for the first one loaded up, 


and by then it was 6 PM and I decided I was done for the day.  Michael bought corn on the cob in the afternoon when he went to get a few other groceries and it made an excellent dinner along with some leftovers.  While I was watching TV in the evening, I got my ‘strings’ all set up to start loading beads for another necklace.

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.