Thursday, August 15, 2019

new QoV basted, first embroidery for Jerri


Michael was up early Wednesday (8/14) to make an omelet before leaving for another club fitting.  He had one several weeks ago for irons and bought a new set and is really pleased with how he is hitting with those.  I think today’s fitting is for drivers, hybrids, wedges and maybe his putter (don’t I sound like I know what I’m talking about???  It’s all fake  :~).

Just as I was thinking about loading up another quilt, I got a call from Janice.  She & Dennis just got home last night after 24 days away (working in CT and a 2 week vacation to Maine)!!!  We talked for a L_O_N_G time and she is planning a visit for next week…YAY!!!!!!!!

I was feeling overwhelmed recently with everything in my sewing room….and today I felt like I just bounced from one thing to another without really accomplishing anything.  A list is always the way I calm myself down….Janice and I talked about it, so after our conversation, I made up a new list of things I need to get done, and the priority order I think they should be completed:

-the second Scrap Happy QoV (other people in the club will put the binding on these 2 quilts and I want to give them as much time as possible to get it done)
-scripture embroideries for Jerri (her daughter has been diagnosed with breast cancer and has decided on a double mastectomy.  I knew one of the embroidery sites had a lot of Bible verses that you could download for free, so I offered to stitch some out for a quilt Jerri is making for Julie (her daughter).  I definitely want her to have them in time to finish the quilt for her daughter’s surgery and subsequent treatments.
-breast cancer bows for that same quilt
-binding for my QoV #1
-binding for my QoV #2
-binding for my QoV #3
-borders for my quilt with brown leading
-charity quilts for Jerri (I think 4 -5 of them)
-packing for the Fiber Floozies retreat

I felt better after making my list, and I got the second Scrap Happy QoV loaded up:  



After basting that, I got one embroidery done for Jerri:



before heading upstairs to help my honey unpack and put away groceries and hear all about the club fitting.  

He ended up having a large/late lunch on the way home, so I just had cheese and crackers for dinner before settling in front of the TV with my beads.  I found not one but TWO errors, but only one of them necessitated me unstringing stuff.  I got it all put back correctly and braided just a bit to confirm everything was ‘jake’!

I got a call in the evening from Al Tesch (Earl's nephew) looking for information so that they can bury Earl's ashes in a military cemetery.  Thank goodness I have kept all of that probate information for 18 years.....something just told me not to throw it away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.