Monday, August 5, 2019

4 patch w/ leading top almost done

Michael took Cookie for a walk first thing Sunday morning (8/4), while I headed downstairs to get a jump on my quilting day  :~).  I kicked off quilting on the 3rd QoV and continued to work on my 4 patch with leading.  I had a long talk with Jan in the morning….her recovery seems to be EXCELLENT, although she doesn’t have her stamina back yet.  She sees the doctor again in a couple of days to see what follow-up (if any) might be needed, and she is determined to go back home after that doctor visit (she’s been staying with her daughter and daughter-in-law up until now).  By early afternoon I had the third row done on the new quilt:



By the time I stopped for dinner, the quilting was done on my QoV:



and so was the most of the top on my 4 patch:  


I still need to put borders on it, but I am very pleased with how it turned out.  Michael and I had more of our restaurant leftovers for dinner, then I got one of my QoV quilts cleaned up and off of the frame and onto the to-be-bound pile: 


while he watched a bit of TV.

I think it’s important to know how much empathy (or I guess I should say how little) the current president shows for the victims of gun violence.  But after all, why should he….with all of the support he gets from the NRA and the constant rhetoric of white supremacy that he espouses:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.