Thursday, August 29, 2019

Trple Chocolate Poke Cake


Michael is killing me with these early morning tee times….but I guess they have to, to beat the incredible heat/humidity down here all summer.  We were both up at 5:45 AM on Wednesday (8/28).  I made him a quick breakfast of eggs over easy and toast before heading back to bed.  Well, I tried, but I can never get back to sleep after that, so I just got up and started my day  :~).  I got my emails done and my blog out, got showered and dressed and started packing the rest of my crafts for retreat!!!

I left at 9:30 for a meeting at the Lake House.  I wanted to get there early to make sure I knew how to view the documents on my KNIDLE, so I didn’t have to print anything.  We had a good meeting and when I got home around NOON I joined my honey in the studio and continued to work on my snowball blocks.  I headed upstairs in the late afternoon to make a new dessert I found.  Here's the link 


(Yes, I just had chicken and tomatoes for dinner so that I could taste this dessert!!)  

You make the cake and while it is still warm, you poke large holes in it

then you're supposed to pour hot fudge sauce over it.  The hot fudge sauce never got to a liquid enough consistency, so I ended up spreading it on.  If I ever make this again, I will make my own fudge sauce....it's pretty easy to do.

After the cake cools completely, you made a pudding layer and add it

And finally I whipped cream....and added a little confectioner's sugar and cocoa

voila (why it looks like there's a huge divot in the picture...I have no idea....although it might be a shadow)


Michael piece (with extra mini-chips)

Michael and I both thought the cake was good, but maybe not worth all of the effort I put into it!  (Janice & June – hopefully there’ll still be some left for Saturday when you are here).  

Here’s the list for today:
-the second Scrap Happy QoV           DONE
-scripture embroideries for Jerri       DONE
-breast cancer bows for that same quilt     DONE
-binding for my QoV #1     DONE
-binding for my QoV #2    DONE
-binding for my QoV #3    DONE
-cream strips for Anne’s quilt     DONE      
-packing for the Fiber Floozies retreat      crafts – DONE, food - started
-borders for my quilt with brown leading

-charity quilts for Jerri     DONE




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.