Wednesday, August 28, 2019

tortellini tutorial


I was up and out the door at 7:15 AM on Tuesday (8/27) for my routine dermatology appointment.  Nothing exciting to be found (yea!!) and after a grocery stop at WALMART I headed on home.  I didn’t have anything written for the blog, so after a quick breakfast I got busy and finally got it posted around 11 AM.  I spent a couple of hours cleaning up all 4 of Jerri’s quilts while watching GOLDFINGER (an oldy but goody).  By then it was afternoon, and Michael was home.  We sat in the living room and talked for a bit and I decided to settle in and read some of my book.  Michael left for a haircut and to pick up a rotisserie chicken breast on the way home.  We had chicken and cranberry sauce, while he had peas and I had green beans for dinner.  He left at 6 PM to pick up Larry for the movies and I spent several hours in the kitchen:  

I sauteed a mess of onions

and then yellow and green squash

cooked up cheese tortellini and got it in a bowl

along with homemade sauce

some herbs

the onions and squash

and mozarella cheese

and added some parmesan on the top for a casserole for retreat

Then I got busy and did it all again for some freezer casseroles for us (and maybe a neighbor or 2):



After that I was pooped and went back to reading my book until he got home.



Here’s the list for today:


-the second Scrap Happy QoV           DONE
-scripture embroideries for Jerri       DONE
-breast cancer bows for that same quilt     DONE
-binding for my QoV #1     DONE
-binding for my QoV #2    DONE
-binding for my QoV #3    DONE
-cream strips for Anne’s quilt     DONE      
-packing for the Fiber Floozies retreat
-borders for my quilt with brown leading
-charity quilts for Jerri     DONE

J&D in NC

A note from Janice: I finally took a road trip to the quilt shop in Myrtle Beach,  "Quilting by the Beach", because I still have a Christmas gift certificate to use. Saw some possible backing choices for my Southern quilt,  but I want to put it together first.  I did purchase a yard of fabric to make some new napkins for my new plates.  :-))



 *** MMR – MICHAEL’S MOVIE REVIEWS ***

Hobbs and Shaw (by the Fast and Furious franchise)- Jason Straitham and Dwayne (the Rock ) Johnson- This a real big bucket of popcorn, large soda, kick a__ shoot 'em up, wild special effects, action flick. Jason and Dwayne are called in to save the world (once again) from a maniac who wants to steal a deadly virus. The adventure takes them all over the world fighting bad guys everywhere - lots of jujitsu fighting, chases on motorcycles, and a finale with a helicopter that is unbelievable! Oh yes, it helps to know that Jason and Dwayne hate each other but have to work together! Lot's of fun and worth the price of admission.  I give it 5 fat quarters out of 5.



 

The Kitchen - new Melissa McCarthy movie - From the previews I saw, I was expecting a slight departure from McCarthy's usual slapstick bathroom humor type movie, it looked like a "female buddy" movie where the low level mafia types get arrested and the ladies take over the territory. The previews make it seem like a dark comedy-- well, it is dark and not all that funny. The premise is the same as above but the story gets very dark quickly as the 3 women get very serious about taking over. This becomes very "godfatherish" and "good fellas"- like, and quite violent at times! McCarthy goes all out in her role and does an amazing job of being the tough "guy". She shows deep emotional range as she takes care of her kids and takes over the Hell's Kitchen territory. the 3 women interact as friend at first and things begin to change as more money is being made.  Not what I expected but a very good movie.  I give it 4 fat quarters out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.