Saturday, April 1, 2017

pasta salad, Paula & Doug, Sue & Dennis

Patti sent me a picture of her Oatmeal/Honey bread before it was decimated:  

and indicated that she was making another loaf straight away for a neighbor…..that is the best way to feel comfortable making bread….make more!  

I had lots to get done on Friday (3/31) so I hopped up early to get all of the morning stuff out of the way (you know, blog, email, shower, breakfast) and headed out at 8:30 to Joann’s.  I want to make pillowcases to go with Diamond Dash quilt and Michael liked this one fabric I had…but I didn’t have enough of it, and knew it came from Joann’s, so I gathered up my coupons and went.  I stopped at the chiro for another foot treatment on the way home, and also hit DOLLAR TREE before finally getting home after 10:30.  I shredded carrots, 



steamed broccoli, 



and mixed up dressing to add to the pasta Michael cooked and drained for me while I was gone for a pasta salad (I’ll add the halved grape tomatoes just before serving).  I tasted it and decided it needed just a little cubed cheddar, so that went in as well:  


Since Michael was out buying a new driver (!!!) while I was making the salad, this was going on:















I headed downstairs with every intention of starting to sew….but I got an email from June and got sucked into AN  HOUR of watching videos on YOUTUBE about quilting and storing fabric and whatnot :~).  But finally I gave myself a stern talking to and basted my CT quilt and got the pattern all set and wound my bobbins:  



I sewed for a bit on the blocks for our bed and in a flash it was time to head back upstairs and get the  Artisan bread into the oven:  
















I added tomatoes to the salad: 



and my scallion tops too:

this is a few days less than 2 weeks growth
Michael set the table and we were ready when Paula & Doug 

note the coordinating outfits :~)

and Sue & Dennis 



arrived for dinner.  The guys headed out to cook the chicken on the grill, while the gals stayed inside to talk.  Everyone seemed to enjoy dinner, 



as well as playing TRIPOLI afterwards:  


Sue wanted to bring cake and strawberries for dessert 


and after everyone left we cleaned up the kitchen for a bit, then headed to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for the distraction but weren't they interesting? You must have found more than I did as I did not spend 1 hr looking at Youtube.
    It seems you are always giving dinner parties. I don't hear much about you going to other peoples houses for dinner. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.