Wednesday, April 19, 2017

ham/cheese muffins, patriotic, happy daffodils

We had a lot of ham leftover from Easter, so I’ve been looking through my “ham” recipes.  I hopped up Tuesday morning (4/18) and put ham/cheese muffins into the oven first thing.  


They were YUMMY!  Michael had 2 before heading off to a routine doctor’s appointment, chiro appointment and a quick stop at WALMART for groceries.  I did paperwork (of course) in the morning and paid some bills before working a bit more on my patriotic quilt:  


I worked on that for a bit, then stopped and loaded up the backing for a new customer quilt.  The batting she gave me was not big enough, so after we traded phone calls, I cut some of my own (which she will pay for) and got everything laid out before leaving for a lifestyle meeting at 1 PM.  Trying to take minutes and keep these people on topic and talking about concrete things is like herding cats!!!  But, I was finally home just after 3 PM and treated myself by again working on my blocks :~).  By dinnertime I had all of my squares done (even though I am too short to fit the last row up high on the design wall.  I DO still want to re-arrange them a bit and move the "blues" around).  I really like the kind of 3-D effect on this quilt:  



It was leftovers again for dinner (I LOVE ham!!), then Michael left to pick up Larry for the movies and I just vegged and watched Father Brown on NETFLICKS all night!

My friend Janice (in Connecticut) has been sending pictures of her daffodils which are finally blooming.....they are beautiful:





These latest blooming ones are her favorite...and I think mine too :~):


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.