Friday, April 14, 2017

more convergence, Diamond Dash totally finished!

Michael was up at 6:15 on Thursday (4/13) for an early morning tee time (he left at 7:30) for golf here at SCCL and I followed shortly afterwards around 6:30 AM.  I threw a load of laundry in before heading downstairs to get my emails/blog stuff done.  I had a bit of time to work on my binding, and had it ALL attached by the time I packed up the car and headed off to quilting.  Our contractors were here just before I left and worked 1/2 a day putting up our "headers":





As usual quilting was lots of fun, with great show and tell (more convergence quilt tops were finished):  

a new quilter learns to cut

Carolina

Pam

Sandy B






















































Michael got home from golf shortly after I got home from quilting and we both decided we were beat and needed a nap, so we settled down for 1/2 an hour.  Paula came by after that and we talked and talked and talked!!!  I LOVE it when she stops by, we never run out of things to talk about :~).  Don K also stopped by (one of Michael’s golfing buddies) to check out our new deck.  As Paula left, Larry W stopped by.  Remember me talking about the tumbling blocks that BG, Loree and I did together?  Well, I never had it mounted on a frame, so Larry W stopped by to see if he could make a frame for me.  After he left Michael and I had a bit of dinner, then he wanted to watch some of his shows, which was fine by me because I wanted to work in my studio a bit!  First up….tying in ends (some days it seems like that’s all I do :~) and stitching down the label and voila….a totally finished quilt (I think I did most of this quilt at retreat last year):

diamond dash



Then I cut the fabric for pillow cases to go with this quilt; when I get 6 pillow cases cut (for 3 different quilts), I will drag out my serger and polish them all off at once.  After that I cut strips and made binding for the CT Rainbow quilt: 


and organized my remaining triangles from the tumbling blocks (I know...they probably don't look very organized to you!  But, they are separated by size):  


By then it was 8:30, so I headed upstairs for the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.