Monday, April 17, 2017

Easter! Jan, Candyce & Ralph, George, Corinne

We had a very relaxed and fun Easter which started with waffles:  


and a guest:  



I went outside after breakfast to get shots of our yellow iris, which have exploded in the front flower bed:  




















And, after dying out during the winter, Michael's oxalis has gotten huge as well:


After that, I headed downstairs (to stay out of Michael’s hair while he made 8 pounds of potato/carrot mash) and actually got a few blocks done on my newest patriotic quilt:  


BG is doing the same pattern and has her blocks all finished:  


Doesn’t it look wild and crazy?   I think some kid will really fall in love with that, since BG is donating a bunch of her quilts as well!  I headed back upstairs around NOON and got deviled eggs put together, 


then made dough for King’s Hawaiian Rolls ( I just get so bored with making my regular rolls that I wanted to do something different.  However I'm not sure it was worth it as I don't think anyone could tell the difference in the rolls...oh well) and got the ham in the oven.  Michael finished up his potato/carrot mash and got it in the crockpot before setting the table.  


Our guests arrived at 3 PM and after oo-ing and ahh-ing over our deck makeover, sat and talked and noshed (in addition to the deviled eggs, Candyce brought brie en croute for an appetizer) in the living room 

Candyce & Ralph

George & my honey (Pat's in the kitchen)

Corinne (Dennis got called away at the last minute)

until around 4 when we had dinner: potato/carrot mash, a huge salad, rice/mushroom bake, ham & rolls.  Pat brought a luscious strawberry & pastry cream filled 3 layer angel food cake for dessert…perfect!  We all sat around and talked for several hours before saying our goodbyes.  Michael and I cleaned up the kitchen and just relaxed for the rest of the night…a perfect Easter.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful gardens ! Nice quilts, and looks like a great time was had by all at Easter...

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.