Friday, April 28, 2017

SHQ show & tell

We were all up and out early on our various pursuits Thursday morning (4/27):  Janice & Dennis looking at surrounding communities/homes/floor plans, Michael golfing, and me off to quilting.  I knew I was only going to stay at quilting for a few hours, so I spent that time helping to get the fabric neatened up on our shelves.  I folded lots and lots of fabric and it was so much fun!!!  I am LOVING this new technique from June; BG - it is just as much fun as ripping napkins and the resulting satisfaction is the same (maybe even more :~).  In the future Carolina (another quilter) and I might go over to Linda’s house (yet another quilter/friend/bread baker) to help get her started on putting her fabric in order in the same way.  I’m going to fold it and Carolina is going to put it together in color groupings  :~).  Anyway, I saw lots of gorgeous show and tell while I was there.  First up, 2 antique quilts that Donna F rescued from her girlfriend throwing them away (Susie - we all wished you were there to see them):  




more convergence:

Cheryl














and more quilts finished:






And even though I didn't take any lunch as I wasn't going to stay that long....I had something to eat because Sandy D got a 2-for-1 deal on grilled chicken sandwiches from WENDY's and offered me her second one.  I stopped at the library on the way home and spent a lot of the afternoon working on the pattern for Joanne’s quilt.  I finally got it all set up, after which Michael and I took a ride to CVS to get our inoculations.  I’m sure all of  you new grandparents already know about this…but it was certainly a surprise to us!  We had to get TDAP vaccinations (whopping cough, tetanus, diphtheria) before we can go to visit our new granddaughter!  Luckily the needle was teeny, tiny and didn’t hurt even a little bit  :~).  After that we headed to Jan’s to drop off library books before heading home to hear all about Janice & Dennis’s day.  We ended up going to MAMA’s again for dinner….heaven!  Janice and Dennis loved it too, and we spent the rest of the evening playing SCREWED and GOLF and having a wonderful time doing it.

Our builder was woking all day today, painting our columns and putting up the bead board on the inside of the deck. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.