Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Cookie & Elsie, deck teardown begins, Audrey sweater blocked

Michael was up at 6 AM on Monday (4/3) for an early tee time and I followed shortly afterwards.  They are starting our deck today (Michael spent a lot of time on Sunday clearing everything small off of the deck and patio in preparation) and everyone arrived at 8 AM!  I took a quick shower before they arrived and when I came out to the living room, here’s what I found (since Michael was already gone):  















Ken & Dave started tearing down the deck 




























and Pat picked me up at 9:15 to head off to Sew Much Fun.  I got fabric to bind the newest CT rainbow quilt, and extra to make 2 pillow cases, so I was very happy.  Pat dropped off one machine for service and picked up another that had been serviced.  We made a stop at Joann’s on the way home, then stopped at ARBY’s for lunch.  I was home by 1 PM and got my first granddaughter sweater blocked (thanks Mary Jo for accent yarn!!): 


I know the stripes look uneven, but they're not!





























before spending the rest of the afternoon working on our bed quilt.  At 4:30 we left for BURGER CRAFT in Tega Cay.  They were donating 10% of their sales Monday night to the Fort Mill Community Playhouse, so we went out to support them.  When we got home around 7, I wrapped my last bit of fabric: 


then headed upstairs to veg with my honey.

1 comment:

  1. WOW. Somehow I didn't realize that the whole deck you had would have to be TORN down. You're actually building a new sunroom from scratch almost.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.