Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Elsie & Cookie, lunch at The Greenway with Ann Mary, Loree, Susie

Michael and I both jumped up on Tuesday (4/25) with lots to get done.  I got the blog out of the way first thing, but made a huge mistake.  I was going to click on the button to up load my pictures, but instead hit the “publish” button (which is right beside the picture button) :~(.  I immediately did an edit on my entry to put in the pictures, but I won’t know until I get the email whether or not they were included…..oh well.  If they’re not in the email, go to the blog to see them…Pat’s food at martini club was AWESOME!!  Anyway, after that I then headed to the kitchen to make my hand/face/body cream.  


I have been out of it forever and have several customers begging me for refills…so that was first on my list.  And while I was working....you guessed it (since Michael was out looking for a microwave)....snuggling:  




















I got everything done just in time to pick up Ann Mary at 10 AM 


and head to the Lake House for Loree & Susie.  

Loree

Susie


































We all headed into Charlotte for lunch at the GREENWAY Restaurant(another graduating class of CPCC seniors)….and as usual…it was FABULOUS!!!  It was the first time for Susie and Ann Mary.  Our lunches were wonderful and for the very first time ever, we all ordered the same thing! 


honey butter, fava bean hummus, pimento cheese


salad w/ feta, chopped eggs, kalamata olives

perfectly cooked and very moist chicken


mango bavarian....yum!

When we got back just before 2 PM, I headed straight into a meeting of the lifestyle committee.  That took until 3 PM and I came right home and typed up the minutes and sent them out.  Finally at 4 PM I got to sew for just a bit, and got the outside border put on my patriotic quilt:  


While I was gone, the roofers came and put in our skylights and shingled our roof: 















Paula & Doug picked us up just before 7 PM and we headed up to the Lodge for a dance band called “The In-laws” (thanks Paula for getting up at o'dark hundred to get our tickets!):  















See...we actually DO do more than just golf and quilt :~).  The music was excellent (but as always….TOO LOUD!)  Sorry, I’ve felt this way since I was very young….why oh why do bands have to ruin your hearing???  I’ve always thought it was to cover up less than perfect notes  :~).  Anyway, we had a good time dancing (here you go Patti!):  



















and listening to the music and read for just a bit when we got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.