Wednesday, April 5, 2017

quilt of valor, lumber

Michael had an early morning fasting blood test on Tuesday (4/4) after which he headed out to breakfast with his political buddies.  I made tea and headed downstairs to load up a Quilt of Valor from Mary Ann.  


I got the quilt loaded and basted, 



then spent a bit of time getting the program correct for stitching it out at just the right density.  I did a star motif:


Today was the soil drainage test for our deck, so they ripped up our bricks and dug 2 big holes in the patio :~( and one in the yard:















The engineer finally came by around 4:30 and we passed that test…so now the county inspector just has to come by (probably on Thursday) to sign off before construction can continue.  Our front yard looks like a lumber mill:  















I worked on the quilt of valor all day and by the time I went to bed, the quilting was finished!  


don't you just LOVE her background fabric?

























I continued to sew on our bed quilt and I only have one more row to sew before the top is all together...it is HUGE and weighs a TON!!  Pat and I went water walking in the afternoon for about 1-1/2 hours, talking the entire time.  Michael and I had chicken for dinner, then Larry picked him up so that they could both spend the evening with Scarlet Johansson in some SCI FI type movie while I continued to sew almost until he got home  :~).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.