Friday, March 31, 2017

Convergence Class at SHQ

Michael and I left home at 9 AM on Thursday (3/30) to pick up Dolly and head off to quilting (he needed the car for golfing).  We had an outside teacher come in to teach us how to make a convergence quilt.  It was a wonderful but LONG class.  I decided to just listen during the class, so I took a bunch of fabric leftover from long arm projects and ripped out stitches while checking out how to make the quilt.  Corinne had some beautiful fabric for sale (at $5.00 per yard!):















And many, many beautiful finished Convergence quilts to give us ideas:















Almost every member participated:   

getting set up






















Mary Ann gave me a ride home and I put together cookies as soon as I got in the door (the butter had already been softening on the counter for a couple of days!)  Linda stopped by to drop off a large brown envelope to help me accomplish one of my tasks.  I found a picture of Earl when he was about 3 – 4 years old.  I thought that Sandy (his sister) might like to have it….but it has been sitting on my basement steps for probably over a year now!!  Linda brought me an envelope and 2 pieces of stiffer paper…now all I have to do is write a short note to Sandy and get it in the mail…..THANKS Linda  :~).  After that I read my book until Michael got home from golf and we talked for a bit.  I finally headed downstairs to sew and I am now 70% done in sewing my quilt blocks into rows….YAY!

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.