Sunday, April 9, 2017

Struesel muffins, Pat M's quilt done, bread

When I got up on Saturday morning (4/8) I didn’t have to “hop” to the bathroom as I usually do….so that means my foot is still improving.  It definitely feels a bit better than even Friday, so I am a happy camper!  Michael made his usual omelet:


and headed off to golf here at SCCL, while I put together coffee cake muffins and headed up to the Lodge to drop them off.  We have craft fairs 2 – 3 times a year here at SCCL and as a member of Cooking Fingers, Paula asks all members to bake cupcakes/muffins to sell at the craft fairs to raise money for the local food banks.  I just couldn’t pull it together on Friday, but as I lay in bed Friday night, I figured out what I could do.  When I got up on Saturday I put together a double run of BG’s Spanish coffee cake, then put the batter in muffin tins, put the streusel topping on, then glazed them with a confectioner’s sugar glaze and voila 24 Coffeecake Muffins with Pecans!  















When I got back home, I started right in on quilting Pat M’s quilt and by dinnertime it was done:  















I also got sandwich bread made as we haven’t had any in the house for almost a week….

I thought the shape/color was just perfect on this for a change!














We took the extra 1/2 loaf over to our neighbor Susan, along with 1/2 a dozen eggs as she just got home from Cuba after being gone for 10 days (for me, as long as my house has bread and eggs I can make a meal!).  After dinner I started to load up our bed quilt and got the backing attached and the batting on.  I ironed the last seams on the quilt top and placed that on as well 

it's folded up just to keep it off the floor where the cat would sleep on it!

before heading upstairs to veg with my honey.  Our iris’s have started blooming….it’s going to be a beautiful spring :~).  





And speaking of blooming, I think my celery looks like a bonsai palm tree:  


But I’d better get it in dirt SOON or it’s going to rot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.