Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Sweet & Savory, Machine Embroidery, rainbow!

Michael was up at 6 AM on Monday (4/17) and I followed at 6:30…I knew I had a busy day ahead and it was nice to get an early start to it.  I got all of the ends tied in and 1/2 of the basting removed from our bed quilt before Paula picked me up at 10 AM for a quick errand before attending Sweet & Savory.   OMgoodness….the demonstrators were great:  

Faye

Jerry

Jean

Cindy


















































I'd really like to get to know Cindy better...any woman who says "I almost always have whipping cream in my fridge", I'd like to know  :~).

and the food was awesome….definitely several things I would like to try.

basil fritatta














artichoke balls

crab puffs

lemon trifle



































  




The only bad thing?  One of my black pens leaked all over my hands, and apparently was transferred to my white pants as well  :~(.  I was home for about 40 minutes before Pat picked me up for our Machine Embroidery meeting.  Pat did a zipper demo during our meeting, 




then we had a social hour.  Pat and Joyce brought in food and wine for us, 




and we also voted on the winning entries for our “make something having to do with wine” contest (we had a tie for first place).  

this was Pat's


















this was Joyce's













All in all it was a fact & food filled day, but I was glad to get home at 3:30 and relax with my honey.  I finished ripping out the basting on our quilt and got a few more blocks done on my patriotic 



before Michael called down to me at 7 PM to come and bring the camera….we ran outside to a gorgeous rainbow stretching all across the sky.  We proceeded to call all of our neighbors so that they could come out and enjoy it too!  

























We haven’t seen a rainbow in forever and it was beautiful.  After that, we settled in to watched the last 2 episodes for the season of MAJOR CRIMES.

1 comment:

  1. Wow ! Does Pat have a truck to haul that machine to class ????!!! It's huge. GORGEOUS rainbow ! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.