Friday, April 28, 2017

Joanne's quilt

Friday (4/28) was kind of a repeat of Thursday with everyone going their own way…Michael left for the chiro and shopping, Janice & Dennis headed out to look at more places….I worked on trying to pull together projects to sew on retreat (since we’re leaving at 6:30 AM on Saturday and as of Friday morning I have not packed crafts, clothes or food!!!)  When Janice and Dennis came home, Dennis left with Michael to pick out paint samples for our deck walls, while Janice & I continued to quilt on Joanne’s quilt:


















while cutting out fabric for retreat.  I got 2 projects cut out, and then stacked up some bolts to take with us (since room in the car shouldn’t be a problem).  


By the time I got done in the afternoon, I was 1/2 way through Joanne's quilt...YAY!

All day long the contractors continued to put up walls on our deck.  

















At 4:30 we all took off in Susan’s golf cart (she has a 4-seater while we only have a 2-seater) to run a bunch of errands and finally end  up on Pat’s porch, sipping libations eating a few munchies (Pat ALWAYS has muchies on hand) and admiring the view.  We got home and finally sat down to dinner at 7 PM.  At 8 PM Susan joined us for a couple of spirited rounds of 7's, followed by SHEIST!  I was doing laundry while we were playing, and finally got my clothes packed just before bed.  

I have a few more photos to share....I never got to post a picture of Sandy D's quilt and she graciously sent some to me:















And June wrote to say that she finally got her roll size just perfect for her ham sliders (I LOVE my bread students!):


1 comment:

  1. Deck looks fabu-lo-so ! Love Sandy D's quilt... Have a great time on retreat...

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.