Thursday, April 13, 2017

Artisan bread class, finished sweater, start of tumbling blocks

Michael and I talked last night and we are going to try to set a standard time for getting up!  So Wednesday morning (4/12) the alarm went off at 6:55 AM and we hopped out of bed.  I’m not sure how long this will last, but I certainly seemed to get a lot done.  I really like being done with all of my “chores” (emails, blog, shower, etc) by 9 AM so that I can dive right in to whatever I have planned for the day.  Our contractors showed up at 8:30 and I asked them if any of the bread made it home to their families…..fat chance…they both told me it was gone before they left the neighborhood!!!!  They finished the flooring on the deck and got all of the framing finished before leaving for the day: 











Michael made his usual “before golfing” omelet: 

looks great....except for the ketchup!
then had a few extra minutes to give Cookie a new snuggling companion:  



I spent a bit of time at my neighbor’s in the morning getting pictures of the sweater I just finished…she has a 7 year old granddaughter and it seemed to fit her just fine (thanks to Mary Jo for the leftover ball of pink/green yarn):  



















When I came home I headed to my studio and got 4 more rows done on our bed quilt and another quilt label (Michael said he liked the new "you are loved" wording on the label a lot!):  


After that I headed back upstairs to get all set up for my Artisan bread students and everyone arrived by NOON.  I think we had a great class and everyone LOVED the bread!!!  

Joan

Linda, Linda, June

Yum!!!

I had the kitchen cleaned up by 2:30 and headed straight back downstairs to continue quilting.  I spent a few hours quilting as well as starting to put a binding on one of my quilts:  


Michael and I stopped for leftovers for dinner (halushki’s for him and more of Jan’s yummy bean soup for me) then we both headed downstairs.  Rather than starting a new project at home, I went to one of my UFO boxes.  When BG and Loree and I did the tumbling blocks quilt, it was the second one for me and of course I was bored :~).  So, I made 4 different sizes of blocks and also figured out how to make 2-tone blocks.  I made lots of them because I had no idea how many we would be putting into the final wall hanging.  Well….I have bunches and bunches left…so I asked Michael to start laying them out:  


























While he was doing that, I finished putting the binding on the first side of my quilt.  We finally headed upstairs at 8:30 to watch a bit of TV before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.