Tuesday, April 25, 2017

martini club

Michael was up early Monday morning (4/24)…no golf for him….it rained all day Sunday and was still raining fairly hard when we got up on Monday.  We had several trucks showing up during breakfast to deliver stuff for the deck….and now it’s all in our garage….guess our car will be living outside until the rain stops  :~(.  Michael made his usual spinach/mushroom omelet then headed out determined to hit another lighting place to find fans for our deck.  I worked all morning on my newest patriotic quilt, and by the time I left for computer club, all of my blocks were sewn into rows, and all of the rows were sewn together.  Since Michael was out and I was downstairs, there was a potential snuggling situation….but it was never fully realized…this is as close as things got:  
















I went to computer club at 12:30 because of Cooking Fingers.  Paula (head of Cooking Fingers) asked a group of us to give a talk at computer club about where (on the internet) we get our recipes.  I was there representing people who read cooking blogs for recipes; others were there talking about FACEBOOK, PINTEREST and other websites with good recipes.  It was really interesting…..I think I’m certainly going to spend more time on PINTEREST (just what I need, another excuse to spend time on the computer getting NOTHING done :~).  When I got home I headed back to the studio and figured out what fabrics I would use for borders on the patriotic:  




I got everything cut and sewn together, and my first border on:



before it was time to head to Martini Club.  Pat W was hosting the club and it was outstanding!  


our hostess Pat & Kathi

Patti, Bonnie, Donnis

Ellie & Jane

Her food was awesome:  


a corned beef dip

caprese skewers

crab stuffed mushrooms

lemon trifle



















































the drinks were wonderful: 


a French martini


strawberry lemon drop martini

and playing Pictionary was hysterical!  I drove one of the ladies home only so that I could visit with her new puppy…a miniature dachshund.   OMgoodness…..SO adorable….I could have snuggled that little puppy for HOURS!  But, eventually I headed home, just in time to kiss my honey goodnight!  He was falling asleep in front of the TV, so he headed to bed just after 10.  I stayed up to read for an hour and then headed to bed myself.

1 comment:

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.