Wednesday, April 12, 2017

label, yoghurt, artisan bread, deck

Michael had cereal for breakfast on Tuesday (4/11) before leaving with a big grocery shopping list.  I headed downstairs (of course!) to try to get something going on our bed quilt.  I have not been happy with any of the patterns I’ve picked, and I need to get moving as I already have another customer quilt to do right after this one!  So, I loaded up a label for a previously done quilt on my embroidery machine and finally decided to go with a basic STIPPLE pattern for quilting.  It took awhile to get the right density and get all of my bobbins wound, but I finally started quilting by NOON.  I got 4 rows done of the quilting before leaving for a 2 PM meeting on this lifestyle committee I have agreed to be on.  I also managed to stitch out one label for my "to be bound" quilts.  I've changed the label just a bit...it used to say "made with love", but I've decided to change it to "you are loved".  


Now I just have to get this quilt bound during April :~).  These quilts are going to kids who are finally getting their first beds through the BEDS = DREAMS group from Mary B's church.  When I got home around 4 PM, I finally put together Michael’s new triple berry yoghurt….black raspberries and blueberries in the bottom, and cherry jelly on top: 




and pulled out the artisan dough….I HAD to bake off a loaf to see how it turned out before my class on Wednesday…and the answer is BEAUTIFULLY!!!!  


I cut 2 quick slices for Michael and me, and then cut the loaf in 1/2 to give each 1/2 to our contractors as they left for the day :~).  We have most of the flooring down on the deck (with netting under it to keep the bugs out):  













Michael and I had a very light dinner, and settled in shortly afterwards with popcorn to binge watch NCIS:New Orleans (3 episodes in a row)!  I really don’t know where Monday and Tuesday went…I feel like I kept getting interrupted and really didn’t get anything done!

2 comments:

  1. I know you said your new sunroom has a smaller footprint than your old deck, but it sure looks big in the pictures. Will you move your grill to the ground level patio?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new label wording ! New deck is moving along...Can't wait to see it !

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.