Saturday, April 8, 2017

new quilt loaded

I feel like I whipped through my blog entry Friday morning (4/7) in order to leave at 8:30 to pick up Jan (why am I always short on time when I have a BA-ZILLION pictures to put in the blog???)  Jan and I had a wonderful breakfast at IHOP, then hit Target looking for a specific kind of Easter candy with no luck whatsoever  :~(.  I was home by 11:30 and decided to load up one of the quilts I got yesterday.  Pat M needs her quilt back by Tuesday, and it is a small one, so I decided to set my bed quilt aside and just get hers out of the way.  (I do not in any way mean that to sound as bad as it just did when I re-read it :~).  I got the back attached to my leaders and the batting cut and laid on, along with the top:


before leaving to go water walking with Pat just after 1:30.  I got home from walking around 4 PM, made a drink and put my feet up for an hour and read my book.  My right foot absolutely feels better today….I am hoping it is a permanent rather than a temporary situation…..I’m reserving my joy until Sunday :~).  My honey spent the time I was away making halushki’s for dinner, so I nuked a bowl and finally headed downstairs just after 5.  I got the quilt totally loaded and basted: 



and spent quite a bit of time on her program as it is a small quilt and I needed to scale down the design to fit the quilt.  I headed upstairs at 7:30 to nosh on popcorn with my honey and watch FARGO (the movie…the TV series starts back up later this month).  I finished off my popcorn rather quickly, and spent the rest of the movie untangling the biggest mess of yarn you’ve ever seen….it got totally pulled apart in my purse and it is a miracle I found the other end so that I could wind back to the sweater!!!  We were both beat by 10:30 and headed to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.