Saturday, April 22, 2017

bread class, Joe & Susan, Phil & Evelyn

Michael and Cookie went walking Friday morning (4/21) before breakfast.  I got my ham bone out of the crockpot so that the leftover bone/meat could go out in the trash.  I also got the chicken thighs we’ll be making for dinner all trimmed and froze some of them.  When I headed back to the bedroom to make our bed, I found this:  



Now Elsie has ignored this cat house for months and months…and this is the second day in a row she’s decided to sleep on it…weird!  Just after that, my artisan bread students showed up.  We had a lively 2 hour class and they LOVED the bread….what’s not to love…warm fresh bread with good butter…heaven!  



Good thing I took ONE picture while we were sitting around talking…

Susie, Patti, Mary Ann, Sally
because that’s ALL I remembered to take!  Someone showed up shortly after that to measure our deck for our new EASY BREEZE windows: 




After they left I cleaned up the kitchen, ran to the library with Jan, and then started making food for our dinner.  I made chocolate pudding and put together an ice box cake with the pudding and oreos.  I had a broccoli salad recipe from Mary Jo so I put that together, 


got another loaf of artisan bread baked, 


and also made a side dish of sliced grape tomatoes/cucumbers/onions with Italian dressing (thank you Cathy L.....I decided to add in tomatoes :~).  


Michael got chicken on the grill started 



and he was finished shortly after our guests arrived at 6 PM:  

Joe & Susan

Phil & Evelyn


























We played TRIPOLI after dinner...stopping 1/2 way through to eat the pudding cake.  Everyone thought it was yummy!

BG has added a border and finished her 3D quilt top...I think it looks awesome:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.