Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Cooking Fingers, Elsie & Cookie

Michael was up early Monday (4/10) for golfing in Lancaster, while I hopped up to get a jump on a very busy day.  I spent a couple of hours in the morning getting all of my normal chores done, then headed to my computer and phone with Paula.  We both signed on to the restaurant page at CPCC and poised our fingers to be ready to JUMP on the reservations for the spring luncheon.  Why does my heart always pound so much?   It’s certainly not the end of the world if I don’t get a reservation….but both Paula and I got in…that’s the good news.  The bad news?  We can’t go together because we got in on different days….oh well!  After that I started to work on the program for our bed quilt, but had to stop part way through to head to the Lake House for Cooking Fingers.  I’ll tell you…it smelled like Italian Heaven when I walked in the room!  Paula announced that we had raised OVER $900 with our muffin sales…..WHOO HOO!!!  


That money will be divided between Belair Food Bank and Second Harvest, both of whom distribute food to families in Indian Land.  The theme of Cooking Fingers was semi-homemade and the presenters all gave wonderful hints with their recipes:  

Joan

Linda (with Karen in background)

Mindy

Karen






















































Karen doesn't live here (way too young), but she is the local insurance agent who is friends with most (if not all) of her clients!  She comes to my teas whenever I manage to pull them together (just about once a year now :~(, and frequently contributes food to SCCL!!!  And it is always yummy!

We had mushroom/brie bites, tortellini casserole and minestrone soup:  















For dessert there were macaroon/cherry cookies (which I brought home for my honey).  


Paula had a short meeting after the feasting to go over our duties with computer club in a few weeks, but I was home by 1 PM.  When I got home I got milk in the crockpot to make yoghurt for Michael and also artisan bread dough for my class on Wednesday.  Of course while I was working in the kitchen, there was snuggling going on:  



I just LOVE that little paw!
Pat M stopped by to pick up her quilt and we ended up having a long talk.  She has asked me if I would present a talk about long arm-ing and a trunk show to the quilters here at SCCL and I told her I would be happy to.  We are going to aim for the end of August or the beginning of September.  After she left, I ran over to the accountant’s to pick up our taxes….yes pay to South Carolina, but YAY a refund from the feds!  I had some of Jan’s yummy bean soup for dinner and headed out at 6:15 PM to go water walking with Pat, while Michael headed off to his board meeting for Fort Mill Theatre.  We walked for 1-1/2 hours, then I made a quick stop at the grocery store (where I scored a sale on a rotisserie chicken breast...it was huge) before heading home.  I picked the chicken as soon as I got in the door and saved the carcass for future chicken stock.  I couldn’t get it started right away because there was yoghurt still in the crockpot!  Michael came home shortly afterwards and we watched a bit of TV before bed.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting - a Trunk show !!! Maybe that would be a fun time to come and visit ?! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.