Thursday, April 27, 2017

Elsie, Corinne's house, Janice & Dennis

Michael was up super early and out by 7:30 AM on Wednesday (4/26) for a tournament here at SCCL.  When we got up, Elsie was once again on her perch:  















I ran around like a crazy person until 8:45 when I left to pick up Pat, Jan & Loree to head off to Corinne’s house.  Corinne taught our convergence class and she also sells $5 per yard batiks out of her house.  She has a beautiful set up for sewing:  

















and many beautiful wall hangings: 



this sashing is only 1/4 '' wide!














We spent a very pleasant couple of hours there and everyone found some things they just HAD to HAVE  :~).  I have a friend who has asked me to make a quilt to give to her hubby at Christmas, so that’s what I bought fabric for.  She is looking for a “Tuscan” theme, and I think I did a pretty good job with the colors:  


We stopped for lunch on the way home at a place called WHICH WICH….it was FABULOUS!!!  It’s a sandwich place (I LOVE sandwiches) and it’s just very unique the way you order them.  I got egg salad, Loree had chicken salad and I think Jan & Pat both ordered cobb salads in a wrap.  We all loved what we got and were in high spirits all the way home.  I got home around 1, and got my very first phone call from a “grandson who had an unfortunate experience while on a trip, is in jail, and needs me to pay bail money”.  Have you had one of these scam calls?  I reported the number to the sheriff’s department, planted the basil plant Pat gave me (it looked in pretty poor shape, but I figured I didn’t have anything to lose), and finally headed downstairs around 2.  I thought I would spend quite a bit of time deciding on what I might want to take on retreat….I’m leaving this Saturday, so no blog posts for about a week…but shortly after I went downstairs…this happened!!!!  


Yes…Janice and Dennis are HERE!!!!!!!  Janice & Dennis currently reside in Connecticut, but are on a whirlwind southern tour to scope out potential places to retire.  We had a wonderful time talking and talking and talking!  We finally had dinner (leftovers), I got sandwich bread made 















and Michael and Dennis ran 1/2 a loaf over to Larry & Evelyn and Janice and I finally retired to the basement.  While Janice was learning to baste on Miss Scarlett (and doing a mighty fine job of it):



















I finally got my bed quilt trimmed and added to the dreaded “to be bound” pile:  



By the time we went to bed it was after 10 PM, but Joanne’s ginormous quilt (the biggest I have done so far) was all basted….YAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.