Sunday, April 23, 2017

Elsie, Cookie, driveway party

Michael was up at 6 AM for a very early tee time on Saturday (/422) while I followed at a much more leisurely pace at 7 :~).  For the third day in a row, Elsie was reclining on her perch:  



it's hard to believe my baby is 14 years old
While Elsie was reclining in the bedroom, Cookie was sacked out in the living room:


I got bean & barley soup in the crockpot:

beans & barley along with carrots/celery/onions & ham stock

(have to use up that ham stock) and out on the deck before heading downstairs to finally baste Sandy’s quilt:  



I got that all done and started to work on the program.  I’m using a new design which is kind of tricky, but eventually I got it all set up, my bobbins wound, and one row stitched out.  I got a step stool to put up the last 3 blocks of my patriotic quilt, and decided my design wall looked somewhat schizophrenic: 



then headed upstairs for our driveway party.  Several of our neighbors came by and we sat out in the beautiful weather, talking, eating and occasionally laughing.  
















By 6 PM everyone had left and I parceled out the soup…most went to our across the street neighbors Anne & Bryce (some for their dinner that night and some in their freezer for the future)…a quart went to our next door neighbor Joe who thought he was coming down with a cold, and I kept one small single serving container for me (Michael does not like bean soup at all…his loss :~).  We both read for about an hour, then watched TV and worked on Michael’s secret project for Audrey a bit before bed.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe since the weather has gotten warmer - Elsie doesn't need the warmth from Cookie ! All quilt photos are wonderful !

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.