Friday, January 31, 2020

Scrap Happy Quilting 2 day Retreat


Paula and I spent all day Wednesday (1/29) and Thursday (1/30) at the Scrap Happy 2 day retreat….it was AWESOME!!!  

There were lots of friends:  




and lots of food:  







and lots of projects…..oh my word….the projects!!!  We held off on Show & Tell until the afternoon of the second day…..WOW: 

Loree's One Block Wonder









this needlepoint was framed with glass on BOTH sides, to show the back was just as nice as the front!











no, I didn't repeat the picture....June made 2 of these

and about EIGHT of these casserole carriers








wish you could see this 3-D in person....so very adorable

and with a soft and plush back


I started sewing together my OBW
June stayed over Wednesday night, as she usually does:  


and we spent a great evening sewing, looking at quilting books and talking.  We did have one pretty funny moment....I thought I had Italian Wedding Soup in a pint storage container for her dinner....but when I went to get it out, I realized it was chocolate cookie dough!!  Oh well....she enjoyed pizza instead.

I know there's a lot more I probably should be writing about the retreat....but I'd rather be sewing instead and savoring the memories :~).

I did take one finished show and tell and several people really seemed to like it....I saw this picture in PINTEREST:



And of course liked it (can you say rainbow??)  But when I decided to make it, I changed it up quite a bit...and LOVE what what I came up with.  I'm going to teach a class on it, probably sometime this year:





1 comment:

  1. Glad you shared so many pictures of the retreat. I skipped it to keep my cold germs at home.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.