Thursday, January 23, 2020

Beds=Dreams donation, Cookie


We got another call from the vet hospital on Wednesday morning (1/22).  Cookie’s platelets are slowly rising, however she remains anemic.  Since her demeanor is still good, so they haven’t given her a transfusion, but she still needs to stay in the hospital.  She is now eating for them….so I feel encouraged by the news and am hoping my baby doesn’t feel too abandoned.  

I got an email from the Beds=Dreams woman (my friend Mary) telling me she would be at quilting tomorrow, so with Michael and Janice’s help, I got pictures of all of the quilts I am donating: 

yes....2 exactly the same

Janice liked this one

I'm sure Anne will like this one  :~)

made on retreat


same fabrics in this as the one below, but different layout



before they were packed into 2 blue IKEA bags.  Of course the cats were alerted to a NEW BAG: 





I love all of these quilts….but if I were to keep any of them, it would be the rainbow 4 patch frenzy.  Leila, thank you so much for introducing us to this pattern!!!!  

Janice and I retired to the studio; she continued with her binding (after we made a label): 




while I continued to cut out for my rainbow quilts (I’ll be making 2 new patterns….hooray!!!)  Anne came by for a quick visit and also gave me some patterns for kids sweaters so that I can continue to knit for AJ  :~).  

Janice left for home around 12:30 PM and Anne and I hopped in the car and headed to Matthews to see Cookie!  What a good girl:  





she was very anxious in the meeting room, running back and forth between the 2 doors…..so I asked for a leash to take her out.  Sure enough she did a nice long pee….but best of all….she pooped….a normal poop….no blood of any kind!!!!!  I know I sound like the parent of a baby, but that was wonderful to see!  Probably the first time I’ve been excited to see poop!  

Her packed red blood cells are still not where they should be…and her platelets should be between 117,000 to 400,000 and they are only at 10,000, but she certainly seems to be on her way to recovery.  What a wonderful sight she was!!!  

I got home around 3 PM and headed back to the studio….I’ve cut all of the colors for my rainbow quilts, 



but no background, so that was next.  

Michael and I both took a nap before dinner (Janice kept me up until almost MID_NIGHT on Tuesday night  :~).  And after a late dinner, we settled in to watch TV and knit.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you put in pictures of Cookie. You can see the happiness in her eyes to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cookie looks good and so do you!!

    ME

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.