Saturday, January 4, 2020

Rugelach making with Margo, VOTE!!


Friday morning (1/3) dawned dark and drizzly, so Michael cancelled his tee time and crawled back into bed.  Eventually we both surfaced and did our various tasks until 10 AM when I left for a baking lesson on making rugelach.  What a wonderful morning it was  :~).  

Margo had made the dough the day before and divided it into 4ths.  She rolled out one and showed us how to layer, cut and roll it….






apricot jam



cinnamon/sugar

chopped walnuts


cutting into sections

adding raisins (I didn't add those to mine  :~)






and then made each of us do one...I was first up, then Pat:  







then Sharon:





no raisins for Sharon either!!

'Vanna', showing us the sugar that gets sprinkled on top

Margo and Sharon egg washed and then sprinkled sugar on all....


and then they were baked.....the smell was HEAVENLY!  


We all had a taste before packing up and heading back home.  I have not made rugelach in over a decade....it certainly made me want to come home and BAKE!!!

When I came home, this was waiting in the kitchen:


My honey being romantic again  :~).

I spent the afternoon in my studio (big surprise there…right?)  I got the 3rd baby boy quilt completed: 



and also got all of my design wall blocks sewn together:  


Michael spent part of the afternoon downstairs with me, so of course the whole gang was there (actual touching going on here): 




and Princess Ethel re-discovered her bed atop 3 quilts:  


I also got 8 more patriotic blocks made...and have 3 additional layouts ready for voting (please let me know which one you like best):

one


two

three

After dinner I got a border on my design wall quilt: 


before joining my honey for some TV.

Janice is still in Connecticut...visiting and sewing away on scraps.....she's made 2 beautiful new blocks:



And, I finally dug out the machine I bought from Loree & Reg:  



and started using it!!

Are we at the beginning of another war?  

The Trump administration-directed assassination of the senior Iranian commander was conducted without congressional authority and sparked fears among top-ranking Democrats that the U.S. could be about to enter another war.  

It’s very interesting that Trump did the EXACT thing that he projected 

Obama would do to win the presidency.  He predicted that.....with NO 

foundation, as it never happened.  But it has happened now….read the full 


4 comments:

  1. I like them in this order! 3-1-2
    Really not crazy about 2!
    Am143^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since the votes are tied, I'll offer an opinion. I like #1 - the other two seem a bit busy for me. #1 seems both bold and soothing to the eye - actually one of my favoirte QoV designs. Happy new year!! -- C

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote 1-3-2 -- 2 is really weird..
    Love ya

    ME

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.