Tuesday, January 28, 2020

SNS Martini Night, Mary Jo in Japan


Michael was up early on Monday (1/27) hoping the light rain was going to stop so that they could play the Fort Mill course.  

I snuggled in bed a bit with my puppy.  After Cookie goes out for the first time in the morning, she races to the bedroom to leap up and snuggle in the bed.  Unfortunately, even though we have a lower than average bed height, she still can’t jump into the bed…I think she’s still too weak….so I got up and lifted her up and she seemed really happy!  

By the time I got my blog out Michael decided the rain wasn’t stopping in time, so they all cancelled out, and we all headed downstairs.  

it kills me how she squishes herself on this little pillow!



I finally kicked off the quilting on Barb’s quilt.  I am ALWAYS nervous before starting a quilt…and doubly so when it is a customer quilt.  My nervousness translates into procrastination, and I have to kick myself in the b_tt to get going.  I basted Barb’s quilt with the thread leftover from Janice’s beach quilt…and I thought the color matched perfectly.  I was very disappointed that I didn’t have enough thread to do Barb’s, but I found a thread that was slightly darker and I think it looks even better…you can barely see it, you just see the shadow of it….SCORE!!:  




While that was stitching out, I continued to cut triangles for the OBW: 


I'm holding each set of 6 triangles together with those clips Leila gave us at retreat.....thanks Leila!!!  I swear there are THOUSANDS of triangles in this box and it will take me FOREVER to get them all sewn together (having almost finished hers, BG assures me this is true!)  

I got a call from Janice and we had a nice long-ish chat before I headed upstairs for brunch.  I took care of some housekeeping paperwork while I was up there, which is what is prompting this next rant.  I got a past due bill for the pathology on my nose surgery.  I know hospital prices are astronomical, but the 300 some dollars just seemed really high to me so I finally called.  I told the woman that I couldn’t find any record of this bill having been submitted to MEDICARE or my secondary insurance….she looked into it and said ‘’oh yes, I have the information here, I’ll submit it”.  I am totally irritated with myself that it wasn’t until I hung up that I thought I should have asked her why that wasn’t/isn’t done automatically before billing.   So….do they just get the money from me…then eventually submit and get reimbursed more from the insurance…and then run laughing all the way to the bank???  VERY irritating.  Anyway, after that I balanced my checkbook and headed back downstairs.  

The rest of the afternoon was spent quilting Barb’s quilt and cutting tiny triangles.  By the time I left for martini night, I was 1/2 way through the quilting….and all of the way through the cutting:  


Donnis: 



was hosting martini night and it was a total hoot!!  There were 9 of us:

Pat & Andi

Bonnie & Ellie

Joyce & Andi

Jane & Bonnie

Barb & Jane

Donnis had some appetizers to get us going:


and then Chinese for dinner:

fried rice

egg rolls

PF Chang's lettuce wraps


and everything was yummy.  She asked us to bring 6 quarters with us, and we played left-right-center afterwards.  



I think Jane & Bonnie were the big winners.....we ALWAYS have such a fun time at Donnis's house.  Our second martini was also dessert...it was a mudslide:




Oh my word....it was YUMMY!!!  We had a toast to Alice with our dessert: 


since she couldn't make it last night.

I left early (9 PM) in order to get home to give Cookie her medicine.  She gets stuff 5 times a day….and for 3 of those times it definitely takes both me and Michael to get the stuff into her.  After that we just relaxed for a bit before bed.

I think I mentioned that my friend Mary Jo is currently in Japan at a quilt show.  I thought you'd like to see some pictures she's sent:

the view from her hotel window

tempura for dinner the first night

this yo-yo quilt took 7 years to make

you can understand why now that her finger is in the picture for some perspective on how tiny those yo-yos are!!!




1 comment:

  1. you are the YO YO of my heart!! (and no I don't know what that means!)
    Me

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.