Wednesday, January 8, 2020

St Distaff's Day at Lake House, longarm freind Linda


BTW - I called Comporium this morning since last night I figured out that all of the people I was NOT receiving emails from, were Comporium customers.  Comporium did an update over the weekend and they are still having problems with it.....so if you are sending from a Comporium email address, not all of your emails may be getting delivered.

Now back to our regularly scheduled blog entries....

Yesterday morning (Tuesday, 1/8) got away from me and suddenly it was 10:45 and I was supposed to be at the Lake House at 11 AM to celebrate St Distaff’s Day 

(The distaff, or roc, used in spinning was the medieval symbol of women's work. In many European cultural traditions, women resumed their household work after the twelve days of Christmas.)


I ran upstairs and crammed a pancake & egg into my mouth before hurrying out.  Pam: 


and Kathy: 


were already there setting up, and Rosalie came along within a few minutes:  



We had a lot of interested residents stop to check out the spinning wheels and ask questions about our group.  I spent a thoroughly enjoyable 1-1/2 hours there before hurrying home to get ready for Linda’s visit. 

Linda is a relatively new long arm friend: 


and we had planned to spend the afternoon together.  She brought some lovely show and tell:





We always load up when we’re visiting so that we can learn things from each other….so I got a Beds=Dreams quilt loaded: 


and then we talked and talked and talked!!!  After she left Michael and I had dinner, then he left for rehearsal while I got to sew a tiny bit on one of my bindings.


2 comments:

  1. Yea, she started a binding- finally!
    A 143^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. thought you were going to load up your quilt I got the triangles from?? Just have one more border to finish and bind it off and it is DONE.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.