Monday, January 20, 2020

Cookie is very sick


I thought I knew how Sunday (1/19) would go….there would be a relaxing breakfast:  

my honey's perfect gas houser eggs

and then I would spend the afternoon with friends at the Piedmont Fiber Guild, listening to a talk by my friend Susie.  That was the plan anyway…but worsening symptoms on Cookie’s part led to a frantic search for a 24/7 animal hospital, and after several false starts we ended up in Matthews with our very sick puppy:  

they wrapped her poor tail so it wouldn't get stained with blood




Mom - what's going on?

The doctor actually couldn’t believe how sick Cookie was based on her demeanor, but blood work doesn’t lie and they admitted her and she is on steroids, and anti-nausea medication and an IV because she was dehydrated.  We were finally home after 4 PM and I just couldn’t get anything going.  I sat in the living room, reading a library book and thinking about my very sick baby until bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.