Wednesday, January 1, 2020

New Year's Eve


My honey was up and out walking Cookie first thing Tuesday morning (12/31) while I put together ham/cheese sliders for tomorrow:  

put mustard on the bottom of the rolls

then ham

then swiss cheese

cover with the tops and pour over that lovely butter/Worcestershire/poppyseed, etc dressing

Instead of using the King’s Hawaiian Rolls, I found these small brioche rolls I think I like better.  

After that I headed to my studio….determined to get it cleaned up to start 2020 off right!  I started here:  

from this

to this

That was pretty easy….getting my batting stored away and finally opening the 10 yards of fabric I bought (totally BG’s fault!!!) for a one block wonder quilt for our bed, hopefully this year  :~).  It was wrapped with a sticker that said ‘JACKPOT - you got the end of the bolt’…..wonder if that means I got a bit extra?  

Next up was the pool table:  

from this

to this

Always a convenient place to stack all of my extra quilting stuff…making it very hard for Michael to play a game of pool!  

Next up, my constantly growing pile ofleftover batting scraps:  



I used some of the bigger pieces on these baby quilts I’m doing, but I had to get ruthless as to how small of strips I was really going to keep, and what was going into the pile for dog beds.  I kept a few big pieces…


and the rest went into a bag for dog/cat beds at the shelter.  

I found a strip of green while cleaning…and added 4 blocks to my on-the-wall-design:  

here's where it was

my added green

Then found a strip of purple and added 2 more:  



I think this is all done except for the borders.  I can’t ever leave something on my design wall for long….because there’s always something else I want to layout….so it’s good I found those bits and bobs of fabric.  I think I might keep this one for myself.  I don't have a quilt in the studio to use for my naps  :~), not since I gave my fleece to the kitties.....so this might be mine!

I’m not sure I was wild about either of the new QoV layouts I showed in yesterday’s blog….and neither were some of the commenters, so I need to try out a few more….  

By then it was time to make the dough for my Killer Pecan Sticky buns…and after an hour of rising, I put them together:  

2-1/2 cups of pecans in the pan

this dough is a joy to work with

laving it with butter/brown sugar/cinnamon mixture

sprinkling it with apricots, hydrated with apricot brandy (none of those skucky raisins for me!!)

adding the warmed honey/brown sugar topping to the nuts

roll it up, cut it and voila

While I was doing that, my honey was cutting up and sautéing  veggies for our egg casserole:



Candyce & Ralph picked us up at 7 PM to head out to our dinner at Waldhorn:  





Everything was lovely.  Michael and I split an appetizer of potato pancakes:  


and then split the sampler plate:


and we retired back to Carol & Jerry’s house for cake and celebrating the new year...I canNOT believe it is 2020 already:


Jerry & Ed

Rossvita, Carol & Marge

Ann & Tim

my honey & me

Harald & Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your email address within the comment if you would like a reply.